If you have ever come across photos of Alia Bhatt in a red Sabyasachi sharara and swooned over how beautifully it was designed and worn (of course, after saving the look for future reference), you might have looked up “Indian Fusion Dresses Online” or “how to style shararas” on Google, mentally dreaming of the next wedding you could go to with the season’s trendiest outfit!
Shararas have been around for a long time. An easy-to-wear traditional style that makes the wearer feel every bit as elegant and regal as the Khans and the Kapoors of Bollywood, this outfit remains a classic part of anyone’s wedding season trousseau and they are fairly easy to purchase, as ethnic wear stores in Mumbai and other cities remain thriving in any situation.
Here are five quick ways to style your sharara for weddings, to ensure that you and your outfit become the talk of the town:
- Layering – Whether it be your accessories or clothes, layering is a great way to experiment with traditional wear. Add an embroidered jacket on top of your sharara for a winter wedding look or if you’re looking to add a bit of edge to your outfit, maybe style a strappy, cutout kurti with a mesh top underneath! There is no dearth of India fusion dresses online nor ethnic wear stores.
- Experiment with textures – Shararas come in a variety of styles. You could select a heavily embroidered piece or a frilly one that works well for summer, or even mix two distinct textures together for an outfit that is authentically yours. Ethnic shopping in Mumbai and other cities can become a fun outing with friends, especially when the choices remain endless.
- Focus on your personal style – Instead of going with set classic designs, you could opt for asymmetrical hems or pair the shararas with wide waist belts or blazers to amp up the festive attire and make it more suitable for modern weddings. The options for Indian fusion dresses online are countless!
- Invest in statement jewellery – A heavy choker or necklace that adds spice to even a simple sharara with minimal work should be a go-to if you like non-fussy styles. Even an eye-catching dupatta or headgear, which can be found in many ethnic wear stores in Mumbai (as it is the heart of Bollywood fashion), can give more depth to an otherwise plain outfit. Take note from the MET gala jewellery and bring red carpet fashion to the next wedding!
- Play with colours – Whether it be a colour blocked outfit or a monochrome look, do not be afraid of dipping your hands into the sea of colours that exist. For example, a single colour outfit would not only pop out within a crowd but even in the photos you take with friends! Or if you like matching colours, mixing darks with pastels can either accentuate or play down your physical features.
Pinnacle by Shruti Sancheti is an ethnic wear store in Mumbai featuring the best of ethnic, fusion and festive fashion. Known best for Fusion Wear with roots to Indian Soul, Pinnacle by Shruti Sancheti is ready to wear retail-centric labels where you can find a myriad of maxi dresses and fusion dresses online. Shop your favourites at the best online shopping destination for women in Mumbai.